Area 78 is looking to fill the vacant Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC) committee chair position. Nominations from current or past DCM's are currently being accepted. If you are interested or know of a someone who may be interested and is qualified, please submit the Committee Chair nomination form available here by April 30th, 2018.
Those letting their name stand should be aware of the following:
- Communications between members of the Area Committee are generally via email and therefore it is essential to have access to electronic communications.
- The time commitment required is substantial and will vary from position to position, and also with the particular skills possessed by the member. Generally, some time and effort will be spent every day to check and respond to emails and phone messages. Some jobs have workloads that are heavier at certain times than at others.
- General Service Committee membership may sound demanding, but, as we so often find in AA, the rewards are far greater than time and effort put in.
Area 78 Chair
Our Area 78 Chair Gordon L. has resigned due to recent health conditions. In the meantime, our Alternate Delegate Brad F, will be the Interim Chair for the May Area Committee Meeting and the September Assembly.
We will be electing (voting on) a new Chair for Area 78 at the September 14, 2018 Assembly. If you are interested and are a current or past DCM, please consider the following three questions and if you can say "Yes" to them all, please submit your name, phone and/or email contact number, the District in which you were elected as DCM, and the years you were elected to serve to our Area Delegate:
- Do I have the skills to fill the position. (See Pages 9 & 10 of Area 78 Guidelines, which are posted online here).
- Do I have the time to fill the position. This is a very demanding position, time-wise; if your current lifestyle allows you an extra hour or so every day (and more time preparing for Assemblies and ACMS) and you’re able to read and respond to daily emails, this position is for you.
- Do I have the willingness to learn. One of the factors in HOW it works; our Table Officers are here to support each other, and most especially our Chair.