To oversee all aspects of the Area 78 website. Insuring conformity to website guidelines are followed and required licenses are renewed.
The E Services committee focuses on creating a greater awareness and utilization of the information available in the Area 78 website. This is done through presentations and sharing at area events, and by keeping the membership informed of the content and value of the website via the E Services Report presented by the chair at assemblies and included in the Assembly minutes.
The E Services committee is now a standard committee in Area 78, with the chair appointed by the Area 78 Officers for a two year term, the same as all the other committees. This reflects the direction of focus on electronic media that the GSO has also taken.
The E-Services Committee is responsible for the following tasks:
- creation and management of a website for Area 78;
- the management of the Area 78 e-mail system;
- the creation and management of any electronic newsletters produced for Area 78;
- updating policies and procedures of the E Services Committee as needed; and
- managing the inventory of all computer and electronic assets of Area78.
The Mission of the E Services Committee is to employ technology to:
- carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to the still suffering alcoholic;
- to increase overall awareness of the AA membership relative to the purpose, objectives and happenings of Area 78;
- to encourage unity and service within the Area 78 boundaries by having members informed of issues and ideas in a timely fashion;
- to co-ordinate and support the activities of present and future groups within Area 78;
- to better inform the area membership of upcoming events and to invite and encourage participation in said events; and
- to ensure that the policies and procedures of the Committee are developed within the framework of the Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous and its spirit of anonymity.
The committee selects two web administrators who approve and post all Area events and group meeting changes submitted for the website. These are on a two year term with option to renew upon approval of the committee. In addition to maintaining the Public and Private download sections of the website, the web administrators keep updated contact info on the District Committee Members and Area 78 Committee Chairs.
The E Services committee also elects a Webservant as a two year term position, with option to renew upon approval of the committee. The webservant is responsible for the maintenance and updating of the Area 78 server, the email system, and is the official Administrator of the website.
The E Services chair is now a standard committee chair position in Area 78.