To receive, classify and index all relevant material, including, but not limited to:
- administrative files and records,
- correspondence, and
- literary and artifactual works considered to have historical import to Alcoholics Anonymous in Area 78.
To hold and preserve such material, making access possible as determined by the present Archivist in consultation with the Archives Committee and Area 78 Archives Guidelines, to members of Alcoholics Anonymous and to those of the public who may have a valid need to review Archive Material.
Access to Archive Material must respect and maintain the anonymity of our members.
Like any other AA service work, the primary purpose of those involved with archival work is to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Archives service work is much more than mere custodial activity; it is the means by which we collect, preserve and share the rich and meaningful heritage of our fellowship. It is by the collection and sharing of these important historical elements that our gratitude is strengthened.
The scope of the Area 78 Archives is to provide a sense of its own past to the fellowship and to keep accurate records so that myth does not predominate over fact.
Questions about the Archives, the Archives Committee or Archives' service work can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comprised of the Archivist, Archives Chair and current DCMs, and GSRs, appointed to the committee by the Registrar for their two year term of service.
Others selected for the committee may include past Delegates or long-time members recommended by the Archivist for their knowledge in Archives work and must be affirmed through Area 78 Assembly.
- Organized, neat and methodical.
- Trained, experienced, or educated in archival work, or willing to learn from manuals, relevant materials available and courses offered in the immediate area.
- Should reside close enough to Archives viewing and storage area, that arrangements can be made for access to the archives and ongoing projects can be sustained.
- Attends or allows their name to stand at the September Election Assembly to reaffirm their position.